Chocolate Cichlid - Hypselecara temporalis - Live Fish
First Picture is a sample of an Adult
Chocolate Cichlids (Hypselecara temporalis) are similar to Severums in that they are fairly peaceful for their rather large size. They can reach up to 12", and while reports have indicated that 55 gallons may be "enough," it is recommended that you keep them in no less than 75 gallons of water. They are tolerant of most water conditions but prefer softer, warmer water.
Latin Name: Hypselecara temporalis
Maximum Size: 12"
pH: 5 to 7.5
Temperature: 75 to 86 degrees F
Source Of Fish: Wild Caught and Captive Bred
Diet: Pellets, flakes, dried krill or frozen aquatic foods
Suitable Tank Mates: South American Cichlids and Plecos
**Photo in this listing is our stock picture. You will get same type, color and same grade. **
- We ship orders every Monday-Wednesday
- Local pick up is available at our store.
- Rockland Aquarium
- 132 Route 304
By placing an order, you automatically agree to the terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions for Live Fish:
Photo in this listing is a SAMPLE photo of fish available not an exact photo of the fish you will receive. You will get same type, color & same grade.
- To claim DOA, we WILL REQUIRE PROOF in the form of a picture of the dead fish inside the bag.
- Refunds are issued for the cost of the fish, not the cost of the shipping.
- Somebody MUST be home to receive the package. If someone is not present to receive the package on the first delivery attempt, the live arrival guarantee is voided.
- All sizes listed are approximate.
- Buyer is responsible to know and follow all of their State/County laws